I have been nutoriously late in the past, so I decided that from now on, I would always be early for my morning classes. So this morning, I got up early and made my way to the first class of the day. On my way there, I saw a guy from my class, who I recognized simply because he was... stunning. Since this class just started a week or so ago, I did not remember the exact room number, but I followed my fellow classmate into the room he was heading toward. We both sat there in awkward silence until he eventually said "Hey... so how do you like this class?" We had a nice conversation that went on for about 7 minutes. This is interesting, dear reader, because even though I am a confident person who can talk to anyone confidently, I definately lack much in my skills of fraternizing with members of the opposite sex whom I find attractive. Feeling reborn, I checked the time on my laptop and noticed it was about 5 minutes into class. I looked at my nameless new friend and said "is this class cancelled?" "I was just going to ask you the same thing." We came up with possibilities for a few minutes such as a bus delay, a room change, a cancellation e-mail neither of us received, but all seemed illogical. Then a girl poked her head in and said "oh, are you guys using this room?" We used our best 'matter of fact' tone and replied that there was a class in here... room 341. The girl became smug in her response, obviously not enjoying the smugness in ours and responded "I am sure there is a class in 341... but this is 343."
My friend and I laughed, called each other morons and began packing up, realizing we would both have to enter our classroom... late... with our coats already off. So instead of being any kind of witty, I put my tail between my legs and headed off to class.
Moral of the story: A desperately single female will always follow a cute boy, even if it is against her and a normal person's better judgement.
No comments:
Post a Comment